Tuesday 8 November 2011

Cloud Appreciation Society


I joined the Cloud Appreciation Society the other day and i received my certificate of membership through the post. I am member number 28238.

There is a manifesto of the society - which can be found on their website.
The society believes that "clouds are unjustly maligned and that life would be immeasurably poorer without them" and they "pledge to fight ‘blue-sky thinking’ wherever we find it".
I have a badge that i will wear with pride!


I have to say that my appreciation has been properly tested today with the blanket of dank that has smothered Preston all day...

1 comment:

  1. I love clouds. I read the first few pages of a cloud book a couple of years ago and decided I was an expert, however it has been revealed that I am mostly an expert at making up cloud names and descriptions - 'Ah yes, the cumulus mumbulus....' Say it with enough conviction and you can sound knowledgeable. I learned the trick from my Dad, who is a bit of a plant expert and knows many Latin names - when he forgets he just makes them up 'Amnesia Japonica' I think was the first time I caught him out!

    ReplyDelete